We are always on the lookout for creative and talented people.
Please submit resumes to
- Computer Vision Engineer
- Computer Vision Intern
- Computer Vision R&D Scientist
- Optical Engineering Intern
- Systems Engineer
Computer Vision Engineer
UC is currently looking for an expert computer vision engineer to join its autonomous systems division. The candidate will perform research, development, integration and testing of computer vision technologies for unmanned systems and related applications.
- Perform research and development in computer vision, with the objective of designing enabling technologies for autonomous unmanned systems.
- Maintain awareness of state-of-the-art algorithms in computer vision including target detection, segmentation, recognition and tracking in different operational environments.
- Manage several research and development tasks, at the same time being able to guide junior-level researchers and engineers towards achieving program objectives.
- Identify, analyze and suggest directives for further progress on UC's computer vision and related technological areas.
- Provide technical assistance and guidance: preparing proposals, reports, and presentations for internal and external sources such as government agencies and business partners.
- M.S./Ph.D in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related disciplines.
- Experience in Image Processing, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Pattern Recognition and related areas; candidate must demonstrate proficiency in these fields through strong publications, related research projects and/or shipped products.
- Experience with state-of-the-art algorithms for object detection, recognition and tracking from electro-optical imagery.
- Strong knowledge in probability theory and random processes, linear algebra and statistics.
- Strong C/C++ programming skills.
- Rapid prototyping/testing skills in MATLAB, OpenCV, and/or similar packages.
- US citizenship/permanent residency is preferred.
- Experience with algorithms for processing electro-optical and infra-red imagery acquired from unmanned platforms is a plus.
- Experience with pixel-size object detection and tracking in low signal-to-noise-ratio (SNR) conditions is a plus.
- Experience with developing algorithms and software for resource-constrained platforms; low-level/embedded/FPGA/GPU programming is a plus.
- Hands-on experience with unmanned autonomous systems including one or more of the following is a plus: UAS, UGV, USV and/or UUV.
Computer Vision Intern
We are seeking a computer vision intern to perform R&D in algorithm design and system engineering of facial expression analysis for emotion recognition, especially for the non-frontal view facial expression analysis. The task includes: facial detection, facial feature extraction, facial expression analysis, and the corresponding real-time and/or parallel implementations. This position is well suited for technologists who want to solve challenging real-world problems, and also tackle the entrepreneurial tasks of creating new vision systems and products.
Duration: Around 3 months
- MS/PhD in EE, CS or related disciplines
- Experience in one or more of the following areas in Computer Vision/Machine learning: face detection, facial expression analysis, emotion recognition/affective computing, active appearance model and information fusion
- Comfortable with MATLAB, C/C++ under windows platform
- Code debug and documentation
- Data collection and manipulation
Computer Vision R&D Scientist
We are seeking computer vision R&D scientists to innovate in algorithm design and system engineering for a range of vision technologies. The projects span over topics including: visual sensor selection and validation, automated object detection, tracking, classification, visual event detection and recognition, structure from motion, and the corresponding real-time and/or parallel implementations. This position is well suited for technologists who want to solve challenging real-world problems, and also tackle the entrepreneurial tasks of creating new vision systems and products.
- Expertise and experience in computer vision (esp. in target detection, tracking, classification, visual activity/event recognition, and structure from motion)
- Good understanding of concepts in computer vision, machine learning, computer science (data structure and algorithms)
- Strong programming skills in C and C++.
- Proficiency in using MATLAB.
- Hands-on experience with EO and/or IR sensors is desired.
- Experience with algorithm and system parallelization is a plus
- Publications, prior industry research or product development experience, are a plus.
Optical Engineering Intern
Utopia Compression is looking for an intern in optical engineering to contribute to our project on design and fabrication of a panoramic camera system. The candidate will be involved in the conceptual design layout, optimization, tolerance analysis, implementation, and testing of optical subassemblies as well as system integration. He/she will perform the design and prototyping of the camera system using both off-the-shell and custom components and verify system performance in the lab and on tool.
- Currently enrolled in a PhD/MS program in Optical Engineering, Physics or a relevant field
- Knowledge of optical imaging camera systems
- Proficiency with optical design tools such as ZEMAX
- Knowledge of optics fabrication and testing methods
- Familiarity with optical mounting, optical alignment and opto-mechanical assembly
You will be working closely with a group of Research and Development Scientists and Engineers to breathe life into cutting edge algorithms by implementing them in real systems, often with real-time performance expectations. This requires a talented systems engineer with relevant domain specific knowledge and the technical knowhow to make it possible while keeping it manageable.
- Candidate is experienced with the full Software Development Lifecycle.
- Candidate holds a BS/MS in CS/EE or similiar.
- Well versed with C, C++, Java, Matlab, Python.
- Prior exposure and habitual usage of version control systems (i.e., git/mercurial/svn).
- Familiarity with Linux environments is expected.
- Hands-on experience with hardware integration, interface development, and embedded systems development is expected.
- Experience with hardware-in-the-loop systems is desired.
- Working knowledge of libraries such as OpenCV, ITK, Eigen and GUI toolkits such as QT.
- Knowledge of Build Systems such as CMake and Make.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Team-oriented attitude.
- US citizenship or permanent residency is required.